* We had planned to open Queen's Birthday weekend, but the weather curtailed that. The earliest possible opening date is the weekend of 15/16th June.
* Introducing Adam Jedrzejko all the way from Poland coming shortly to a small town (in N.Z) near you.......
Twenty five year old Adam is our head-coach this season thanks to the generosity of the International Luge Federation. Three times Polish Champion, Adam has competed in Natural Luge World Cup competitions since 2003, the past 2012/13 season placing 9th in the overall standings and 14th in the World Championships. Welcome aboard Adam.
* You can now ride the luge at night! New floodlights will allow us to offer track access on Friday and Saturday nights, with other nights available with appointment
* Public bookings, which includes the services of our resident instructor can be arranged by calling The Skating Rink on (03) 444-9270. For more info/costs for the public etc take a look here. We have our races at the weekends, so to see when they are go to the calendar. There will also be days over winter when our instructor is off taking a break - normally Tuesday and Wednesdays. That's another good reason why booking ahead of time is recommended. Note: The luge operation is very weather/track dependent, so if you are travelling from outside Naseby it pays to phone us first. It may be raining in say Queenstown or Dunedin, but fine a Naseby. We always do our best to accommodate!
* Annual Luge Camp (Monday 15th July - Friday 19th July 2013): Experience the thrills and spills of luge on the Southern Hemisphere's only ice luge track. Plan ahead and make this a July School Holiday to remember. So drag your kids off the life-sapping computer/play-station and have some real challenging excitment. All the info/costs/enrolment in this leaflet.
* Ice Camp (Monday 22nd - Friday 26th July 2013): Wow! Five days of Curling, Ice-Skating and Luge all-in the one neat package. Top instructors for all the codes. Ice sport doesn't come any better than this. Check-out our Ice Camp Brochure.
* Email Geoff on email@example.com if you need further info on either camp not already covered in the respective downloadable flyers provided above. For a mental picture take a look at our photos from previous years camps and you'll get the gist.
* The 2013 Winter Programme is posted on our on-line Calendar.
* Costume Ice Dance at the Rink on Saturday Night 20th July. Dress up, turn the music up and skate with the whole family. Prizes for Ice Queen and Ice King and much more.
* Naseby Ice Festival 2013: Saturday 20th July
* Positive Results for our two athletes, Jack Leslie (right below) and Josh Fogo (left below) at The Natural World Luge Championships in Austria and Italy (January, February 2013) under the expert tutelage of world champ Patrick Pigneter (centre). Well done guys. Media coverage on their expolits here and here as well. There's reports and heaps more photos on Geoff's blog.
* Reminder: there's a blog-page keeping you all up-to-date with happenings on and off the track, thanks to Geoff ('Mr Luge NZ 1985') Check out the blog for NZOLA's latest overseas exploits, results etc.
* 'Race Results' on a season by season basis can be located on their own dedicated page.